This 3 day package brings you from Quito, capital of Ecuador to one of the biggest indigenous market in South America. Travel along the Andean Mountains and admire the beauty of ecuadorian highlands. ..
Highlights of the Andes | Otavalo Market & Surroundings
- Adventure program in private tour
- Accommodation in selected hotels
- 1 x Breakfast, 2 menu lunch
- Private transportation
- English - Spanish speaking certified guide
- All activities as mentioned (hike, horseback ride, kayak in lake etc.)
- Entrances fee in Pailon del Diablo, Manto de la Novia, Quilotoa Lagoon and La Casa del árbol
- Native guide for hike
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Amenities & services in hotels
- Alcoholic drinks
- Activities not specified in the program
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Optional (Available upon request)
- Vegetarian meals or preferences
- Airport transfer service
- Extension programs in the Andes or Amazon Jungle packages
Tour Details :
San Pablo´s Lake – Peguche Village – Waterfall
Departure early in the morning from your hotel in Quito. We will takethe north Panamerican up to our first stop in San Pablo lake, where you will enjoy of a nice view of the volcano and the lake. Then we will visit an indigenous weaving worshop in Peguche. We also will know the natives from Otavalo, indigenous people rich in traditions and customs that permits the tourists enjoy the typical, multicolored handcrafts. After lunch, we will visit an indigenous family that will show us how to make andean music instruments and how to play them. Finally, short walk to the Peguche waterfall. This sacred waterfall is the site of an annual bathing ritual during the summer solstice festival of Inti Raymi. Overnight in Otavalo.
Cuicocha Lake – Hike – Interpretation Center
Breakfast and we will head up to Cuicocha lagoon (Guinea Pig Lagoon). After a short visit in the Interpretation Center we will prepare our stuffs for a nice 5 hours hiking around the lagoon. In the afternoon you will enjoy of the hotel facilities or just walk around. Overnight in Cotacachi.
Condor Park – Yahuarcocha Lake – Quito
Breakfast and we will head up to Yahuarcocha Lagoon (in quechua means yaguar = blood and cucha = lagoon) Apparently this was the location where two indigenous tribes fought a very bloody battle. (The Caranquis and the Incas). It was so bloody in fact that the water turned red for days because of all the blood shed. Then, we will go to the Condor Park. The Parque Condor is a wildlife rehabilitation center and refuge on the outskirts of Otavalo. Finally, return to Quito. End of the tour.