This 3 day adventure package brings you from Riobamba to the most impressive system of roads made by the Incas in the ecuadorian Andes. ). In the southern part of the Chimborazo province it is still p..
Jewels of the Andes | Incas Trail Hike & Adventure
- English - Spanish speaking Naturalist guide
- All activities as mentioned
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation from / to Riobamba
- Accommodation in spacious 4-season tents
- Meals and coffee, tea, purified drinking wáter during the tour
- Pack animals for all the equipment
- First quality camping equipment and waterproof bags for on the mules
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks
- Activities not specified in the program
- Entrance fee Ingapirca ruins (USD 6 per person; this rate is subject to changes)
- Travel insurance
Optional (Available upon request)
- Vegetarian meals or preferences
- Extension programs in the Andes or Amazon Jungle packages
- Volcanoes Climbing tours
- Private transportation from/to Quito
Tour Details :
Paramos od the Andes – Hike – Adventure
We leave at 8.30 from Riobamba by car and drive south until we reach the small village of Achupallas at 3300 m. / 10.827 ft. altitude. Here we put our equipment on donkeys and then start hiking on the paramo for about 4 hours.
Paramos of the Andes – Hike – Andes Landscape
Today we will hike for about 7 hours, starting with a climb from 3950 m. / 12.960 ft. up to 4400 m. / 14.436 ft. After 2 – 3 hours we reach the highest point of this trek, called Cuchilla de Tres Cruces. From here we have a beautiful view of Sansahuín, one of the many lakes in this area. Now we go down again and pass the Paredones ruins, that used to be a resting-place for Incan couriers. From here we continue on the Inca road southwest until we reach Patococha at 3800 m. / 12.467 ft.where we pitch our tents.
Hike – Andes Landscape – Incas Ruins
We continue descending to the south for about 3 – 4 hours. Soon we can see the Inca ruins of Ingapirca, at 3160 m. / 10.367 ft. Here you will visit the ruins and the museum, to learn about the culture of the Inca’s and the Cañari’s. In the afternoon we return by car to Riobamba. Arrival at Riobamba at about 4 hours of hiking we make our camp for the first night at about 3950 m. moderate; a basic acclimatization is recommended.